Evolving Tastes (In Music of Course)

     I've found out that my musical tastes are changing and growing broader as I get older; it's now easier to list what I don't like than what I do. Recently I discovered country music (through a local radio station that I happened on) and I'm hooked, now I carry a portable FM radio to work so I can listen to the country hits as I work. I've also found some jazz on iTunes through their free single of the week that I liked enough to buy the CD when it was on sale (which is exactly what they want I'm sure - you're welcome Apple!), and now I'm eagerly awaiting new music from them. And finally the album I've been waiting for over a month was released - Tear the World Down by We Are the Fallen - a band formed of former Evanescence members (my favorite band of all time) and former American Idol contestant Carly Smithson (who I thought should have won - now I'm happy she didn't), I pre-ordered the album the moment I could and now having listened to it, I'll do the same for their next CD in a heartbeat.
      Some people to check out if you're interested in my newfound artists are: Diane Birch (I bought her CD Bible Belt and I can't wait for her next), Nikki Yanofsky (iTunes just released her CD - Nikki -  last week and I had to buy it - worth every cent), and Eric Hutchinson (I haven't bought any of his albums yet but I'm sure it won't be long). Some not-so-newly-discovered-artists I can't help but recommend (because they've about been played out on my iPod) are: Colbie Caillat, Bethany Dillon, Epica, Francesca Battistelli, the aforementioned Evanescence, Mariah Carey (although I don't care for her new work as much), Natalie Grant, Nicole C. Mullen, Rachael Lampa, Selah, and LeeAnn Rimes.
     To all who I bored with my musical montage - I apologize, but if you've read this far and got bored then I'd have to say it's your own fault for not stopping earlier. For everyone else - check out some of these artists, I was pleasently surprised by many of them and it's possible that you will be too. Happy listening!
0 Responses